Sunday, May 20, 2012

Chapter 10: The Journey Continues to the Perfected One


Everything in creation is cyclical. I live with the mental comfort that: 1) This creation itself is an illusion, like a dream 2) Everything gets created, destroyed and created again, so why get stuck? 3) Everything is just happening and is taken care of by design, so why worry? Just go with the flow.

Enlightenment is a mystery. The concept originally came from the Vedas and doesn't exist in any other religion. Is it a mental and psychological modification? Yes I have experienced super natural things for which there is no scientific explanation. But I am not enlightened.

What is amazing that through our experiences we move from one mental illusion or delusion to the next. I have gained certain knowledge, had certain experiences, and these form certain ideas and concepts in my mind which in turn affect my judgement, perception, ideas, beliefs, assumptions, decisions, interpretations, everything. All these form my mental world which I live in, and believe that to be reality. Each one of us are living in our own bubbles of reality. Then, when I gain more knowledge, more experience - spiritual and practical, I build a new mental world for myself. I know people who have gained some spiritual knowledge and have had some spiritual experiences and they live in a delusion that they have reached somewhere. Intriguing. I also hear and meet a lot of spiritual people and spiritual teachers and in them I see things like ego, desires, anger, etc. Amazingly they don't see it in themselves. They are also in a state of delusion. Like that I am also in some delusion and move from one illusionary world to the next. What is reality? What is "normal"? What is the truth?

What's better is to be a good human being, imbibe virtues and values and live them every moment. Be aware of negativity and eliminate it using pranayama, awareness and wisdom. Be practical and skillful and compassionate with people and in the world. So I don't want to talk about knowledge nowadays, I want to live it. The amount of knowledge I have is the that which I live and practice. The rest is just what I have studied like we study in school. I have seen people talk the highest knowledge and not live the basics. What's the point? It's useless. Better to live the basics and let the highest knowledge dawn naturally, like the ripening of a fruit.

Life goes on and my pursuit of truth and happiness continues. In the end everything works out fine, it happened exactly as designed. This body will drop one day, who knows if I have a soul that will move on to another world and then come back in another body. The world will keep turning through the eras to come. Who knows what will happen to this universe. How does it really matter! Smile :) Be Happy!!

No comments: