Thursday, April 28, 2011

Viveka Vairagya simultaneous

"I see my son, Viraj, has left his lunch plate in the bonus room, AGAIN!  I go to his room and there are clothes on his bed! He is playing Xbox but he needs to finish his homework and study! I go and ask him if he's finished studying his Math and Bio, and he says No! I'm so upset! HHMMMMM!!!" I jolt and wake up...I was dreaming. Thank God! :) It seemed so real! Totally immersed in it, no clue that I was dreaming, while I was dreaming, no awaress of the waking state. When I die, the shastras say, this life will be exactly like a dream. Even the visions of the past in my mind are like a dream. So what is Real? That's Janak's question to Ashtavakra, that Viveka, being aware of the Real vs Unreal.
When I am aware, in the present moment, when I witness, observe, there is a separation between the witnessing and what I am observing. That difference the separation is Vairagya. It happens simultaneously with Viveka. More Viveka more Vairagya. Both cups fill simultaneously. When I repose in that pure sweet awareness, in deep meditation, it is so blissful, peaceful, totally content, happy....unending. That feeling is Vairagya, no desire to look for peace, bliss, happiness, love, contentment, from someone, something, or some situation. Maya, ignorance and illusion is like a demon who has used his magic or magic potion and possessed my mind and made me live in an illusionary world, like a dream, made me forget my Self. Matrix! the movie Matrix shows that. The moment my awareness wakes up I realize I am that!

No comments: