Monday, April 25, 2011

Viveka

What is permanent? Everything...everyone is temporary and changing. This body, this world can end in a minute. My thoughts...feelings keep changing. My body was not before birth, it will not be after death, but for sometime in the middle it is. How can I call it real? How can I accept that it is me? My thoughts and ideas keep changing, when they are not permanent how can they define me? How can they be real? Something that is white today can be black tomorrow, how can I say it is real? Anything that changes is not truth, is not real.
Every object is changing. There is a silent witness to all that - to the past present and future. I can observe my body, there is observer and body. I am aware of my breath, there is awareness and breath. I can witness my thoughts and feelings, there is a witness and thoughts. From where do thoughts come from? I experience stillness, silence, peace, bliss. Beyond that there is void. That void is the substratum of all existence, from the sub-atomic to the entire universe. It always has been - it will always be - it is beyond time.
That eternal factor is permanent. That alone can be termed real, the truth.
When I am absorbed in the changing & perishable I am not aware of the permanent BUT when I am established in the permanent I can see both. When established in this conviction it is called Viveka.

No comments: